WHEN SHOULD I GO?
WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF FITNESS REQUIRED?
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE TREK?
WHAT ARE THE DESTINATIONS COVERED DURING THE TREK?
WHAT IS THE TREK ITINERARY?
Day 1: Drive from Haridwar/ Rishikesh/ Dehradun to Ukhimath, Night stay in Guest house
Day 2:Ukhimath to Saari Village to Deoriyatal 12km drive and trek start to Deoriyatal 3kms trek and back to Chopta 18km drive. Overnight stay at Chopta.
Day 3: Trek start from Chopta to Tungnath 3.5 kms. And after offering pooja at Tungnath we take Breakfast and trek start for Chandrashilla 1km and back to Chopta.
Day 4: Drive back to Haridwar/ Dehradun
HOW TO REACH?
By Air: The nearest Airport is Jolly Grant Airport which is located around 27 kms from the Dehra Dun city has a daily flight from Delhi to Dehra Dun.
By Train: Dehra Dun railway station, lies in the heart of the city and Haridwar railway station, are well connected by major Indian cities.
By Road: Uttarakhand Transport Corporation and many private transport services provide road connectivity from Dehra Dun, Haridwar and Rishikesh to Govindghat. and also regular bus services are from Delhi to Dehra Dun, Haridwar and Rishikesh from ISBT Kashmere Gate, Delhi.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE TREK?
Included in the cost:
- Meals while on trek (vegetarian food only). Breakfast, packed lunch & dinner
- Qualified & experienced guide
- First aid medical kit
Not included in the cost:
- Transport from Haridwar/Dehradun to Joshimath & Back
- Meals during drive from Haridwar/Dehradun to Joshimath & Back
- Unscheduled stay due to road blocks etc.
- Personal Insurance.
WHAT ARE THE GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS?
1. Rucksack with a rain cover (50 to 60 liters)
2. Day Sack with rain cover (30 to 40 liters)
A sturdy rucksack and day sack with a water/rain cover is recommended as during the monsoon the rain showers will greet the trekker as s(he) walks into the majestic valley
3. Trekking shoes
A good pair if trekking shoes with a quality bottom is a must for doing this trek. Waterproof shoes are recommended. Avoid shoes made of foam and cloth.
4. Thermal wear (Upper and Lower)
Temperatures dip specially in night and morning even in June. Thus, make sure you keep thermal wear.
5. Cotton sock (2 pairs)
6. Woolen socks (2 pairs)
7. Undergarments (2 pairs)
8. Gloves (1 pair)
10. Trek Pants
11. Woolen cap
12. Sun cap
13. Heavy jacket
15. Water bottle
17. Sunscreen lotion
18. Toiletries: Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Toilet Soap, Tissue papers, etc.
19. Head lamp or torch with extra batteries
20. Personal first aid kit